Wednesday 21 November 2018

A little thinking.


It was commented to me, and rightly, that my blog yesterday seemed somewhat serious. It was indeed because I was trying very hard to share some serious thinking first expressed many hundreds of years ago before even the thoughts and words of Jesus. But there is nothing wrong with now and again being serious?

It is not so important to be serious as it is to be serious about important things. That might need reading more than once. 

It might, in fact, be good for the human to do some serious thinking now and again. I read somewhere about thinking and brain power.  The human brain uses fourteen watts of power when it engages in deep and serious thought.  it takes ninety watts of power to operate the personal computer I am sitting at writing these words. That is a lot of power being used for what might not be worthy of reading. 

A  man had bought a brand new gadget, it came in a box with a set of instructions, just like my new broadband hub did the other day.  Fortunately, I was able to put together my hub and get it up and working without having to read the instructions. I read them later to discover I had done them differently but with better results. 

The man, after reading and rereading his instructions could not for the life of him figure out how to assemble it. Eventually, he called on an old friend for assistance. The old man picked up all the pieces and began assembling the gadget. 

In a short time, it was assembled and working. "That is amazing," said the man to his old friend, "and you did it without even looking at the instructions!"

" The fact is," said the old man, "I cannot read, and when you cannot read you have to think."

In all of this, I return to something I may have said before. Remember if you indulge in thinking your thoughts can turn to words so make sure you get the thinking correct first. 

Have a thoughtful day.



No comments:

Post a Comment