Friday 9 November 2018

Made the wrong choices.


Life is full of little and large choices and sometimes we make the correct ones and sometimes the wrong ones. My laptop has been growing old with all the consequences. Fortunately being a bit of a geek I manage to keep things going and nurse them back to health. But I had made a choice to save up for a new one. I was not taking this old fellow back to France again I was going to retire him. 

The Apple decided to bring out a new Ipad all bells and whistles and a version almost the same size as my laptop. Without a lot of thought, I made the choice to go down that road.

Now I am painting on a 12.9-inch screen and it is like beginning all over again I am learning once more to do all that I thought I had already learned. 

Choices choices choices.

Last night I decided to watch a football match, I will not say which one, to see what it would be like on this new machine. I had a choice of two but did not have three hours. I will also not make any comment as to whether that was a good choice or not.

One thought did go through my head though as I watched this. Having listened the other day to the War of the Worlds and the haunting voice of Richard Burton, I wondered what the men from Mars might have thought about 60,000 people paying £50 a head to watch 22 men being paid a £1000 a week in a stadium that cost millions, chasing a little ball around a marked field. The ball costing only about £20. What would they have thought of us?

Choices we make.

The words of Eleanor Roosevelt ring true,  "One's philosophy is not best expressed in words. It is expressed in the choices one makes. In the long run, we shape our lives and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility."

Choices we make.

There is no escaping it. When you have to make a choice and don't make it, that is in itself a choice.

But every choice leads to consequences and so should never be made in haste.

Have a great day.

Today's painting is my preparation for the local inns Ch...........s C..d, thought I would go back to the usual card and add a little well-known fellow. A choice is made.




No comments:

Post a Comment