Monday 6 November 2017

The Alphabet of Neighbours.


Yesterday I climbed the mountain at the back of the village where I live. It is possible to reach the summit it straight from my front door. A walk through the village up through the farm and then a long upward slog. There is a great feeling of doing something as car after car pass as they go up to the car park to begin the walk to the top. By the time they get out of their cars to begin I had already climbed over two miles. 

From the top the view is beautiful. So many of the neighbouring villages can be seen. On the downward path, I could see almost all of the houses in my own village. It is a good feeling to see them and have a sense of who lives where and know that I already know so many of them. There are of course many I have yet to meet.

I then began to think about neighbours and friends. I played a sill game with the alphabet of neighbours. it is, of course, a bit contrived because of some of the very difficult letters to find words to match. 

I share it and invite you to make it better. 


A Friend (Neighbour)

Is one who:

Accepts you as you are

Believes in "you"

Calls you just to say "HI"

Doesn't give up on you

Envisions the whole of you (even the unfinished parts)

Forgives your mistakes

Gives unconditionally

Helps you

Invites you over

Just "be" with you

Keeps you close at heart

Loves you for who you are

Makes a difference in your life

Never Judges

Offers support

Picks you up

Quiets your fears

Raises your spirits

Says nice things about you

Tells you the truth when you need to hear it

Understands you

Values you

Walks beside you

X-plains thing you don't understand

Yells when you won't listen and

Zaps you back to reality


I suppose it comes back to the age-old question. Who is my neighbour? Even more importantly, who is my friend?

Have a great day my friends who read this. Monday a day of work for many for me another day of what? What will I dod?

No comments:

Post a Comment