Tuesday 21 November 2017

Give it all.




I had a few comments made to me a few times in the last week or so. The context of the comments does not really matter but it had to do with me and walking. 
I walk because I cannot run. I cannot run because when I could I overdid it and ran so many mountains that I have ended up with problems in my ankles and feet. 
I have lost count of the visits I had to make to hospital and doctors because of another broken or chipped bone.
So now I walk. But if I did not walk I would stiffen up and probably end up sitting in a chair watching the marvellous offerings given to me for the cost of a licence fee. Now is that an attractive alternative. 
Not if the only thing on offer is some politician sitting out in an Australian jungle. As I said to a good friend yesterday I think I can give that a miss, along with all the so-called celebrities who only call to fame is being a celebrity.
But maybe I could get on well by walking five miles and not ten?  I began to consider this and remembered another incident worthy of mention
A boy and a girl were playing together. 
The boy had a collection of marbles. The girl had some sweets with her. 
The boy told the girl that he would give her all his marbles in exchange for her sweets. The girl agreed. 
The boy kept the biggest and the most beautiful marble aside and gave the rest to the girl. 
The girl gave him all her sweets as she had promised. 
That night, the girl slept peacefully. But the boy couldn’t sleep as he kept wondering if the girl had hidden some sweets from him the way he had hidden his best marble.

If you don’t give your hundred percent in a relationship, and in life,  you’ll always keep doubting if the other person has given his/her hundred percent.
Unhappiness is built on doubt and much doubt is based on trust.

I hope all those watching the jungle antics had much pleasure, I will go for a walk. 

Have a marvellous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment