Friday 24 November 2017

On seeing my boots.

A person stands in their own shadow and wonders why it is dark.

I walked twice yesterday so did not get around to doing much else at all. That said it was a beautiful way to spend my day although my legs might not be agreeing with me this morning. 

How did it happen? I went walking in the morning in the woodland not far from where I live. it is possible to walk for miles and it is possible to have a fairly flat route or a very hilly one. Yesterday I chose the latter. We had a little snowfall during the walk and then the sun came out and we could see the full glory of autumn. So almost four seasons in one morning. 

Having walked for almost three hours I came home and ran a warm bath. Just at that my good friend arrived and suggested a walk. So I got my walking gear back on and we made for the door. 

My friend needed to pop home and change his jacket and shoes. During this, he showed me his new shoes and told me how wonderfully comfortable they were. 

This, of course, got me looking at his shoes and then the walking boots he was putting on. I also looked at the shoes I was wearing and thought of the boots I had walked in that morning. 

As is my want my mind went off on a tangent. What might these shoes/boots be saying

Here are some ideas that came to mind.

There is life after boot camp!

Be sure to take all the steps necessary for success.

Haven’t we been down this road before?

Hey, have you ever heard of a shoehorn? If it doesn’t fit, don’t try to force it.

I already have one foot in the door. I’m a shoe-in.

I don’t know if I’m ever going to fit in.

I’ve been sole searching for so long!

I’ve seen plenty of fancy socks in my day, let me tell you.

Is life always this straight-laced?

Is there still room for growth?  

Life is not meant to be lived on a shelf. Go out, and be yourself!

Never judge a shoe by the leather. It is the sole inside that matters.  

Pacing yourself saves you from wearing out too fast.

People that can’t make up their minds are flip-flops.  

Polishing shoes are just for appearances. Polishing your Character is an inside job.
Some days you just feel like dancing. 🙂

Some soles really leave an impression on you.

Sometimes I feel like such a heel.

Sometimes I get tongue-tied.

Substance is more important than style.

The road of life sure can leave you scuffed up.

Try this on for size? Sometimes, one-size-fits-all really doesn’t work.

Words you’ll never hear from my tongue… “Act your age, not your shoe size.”

I know I have far too much time on my hands. Maybe I need to do something more productive with my life. 

Never mind I was glad that my friends' shoes fit like a glove but I did think it might have been better if they had fitted like a shoe. 

Go on smile. have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment