Monday 27 November 2017

A sign of the times.


I have a real love of wild places and the magic of hills mountains and rivers. But I am aware that such placedo not just happen, they are there because of the things that we do or do not do.

So it is with great sadness that I learn the there are to be cutbacks in the number of preople employed by the forestry commission. There will also be less rangers employed to assist and look after the wildlife. 

That the policy of recent years to plant a variety of trees and not just fast growing pine is to be reveresed. Financial restraints has brought about such desicions.

Without getting political I feel that such deciesins are not only sort sighted but will be a huge backward step.

Sadly those who I have spoken to about this seem not to see it as a problem. 

So it was with a heavy heart that I walked yesterday and looked around at the beauty I have on my doorstep. Fortunately the estate where I was walking is not owned by a government agency and they will continue to follow the way they have been managing the estate.

My heart was lifted by this thought and further lifted when I remembered the book of messages left in a little bothy where people could seek overnight shelter. 

I share them with you and hope they start the week with a little smile and thought for the wonder around us.

A small deer came into my camp and stole my bag of pickles.  Is there a way I can get reimbursed? 

Escalators would help on steep uphill sections. 

Trails need to be wider so people can walk while holding hands.
 
Found a smouldering cigarette left by a horse.

Trails need to be reconstructed. Please avoid building trails that go uphill. 

Too many bugs, spiders and spider webs. Please spray the wilderness to rid the area of these pests. Surely this would not be difficult.

Chairlifts need to be in some places so that we can get to wonderful views without having to hike to them. 

The wild animals made too much noise last night and kept me awake. Please eradicate these annoying animals. 

Need more signs to keep area pristine. 

A McDonald's would be nice at the top of this beautiful spot

Too many rocks in the mountains. 

The places where trails do not exist are not well marked. 

Ah well I suppose we all see life differently and this is waht make it all so interesting. 

Have a wonderful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment