Friday 10 November 2017

A Hymn for Him.


I have had a number of discussions in the past week or so about the times, I shared with a group of friends writing and performing hymns that we had written.

They were happy life changing times. Many of those hymns were used in churches and sung at special services. Most of them are now consigned to the memory banks. Some may be written down and hiding in cupboards and drawers waiting to be sung again.

It does seem that those who were part of that group of people were in one way or another affected by the experience. 

I was thinking about this as I sat on the bus yesterday travelling towards where it all began.  Memories either fill you with joy or make you remember with a hint of sadness. 

So I began to brighten my day by thinking about hymn dedications. 

Here is one of the two I thought of, I hope they bring a little light laughter to your day.

The Dentist's Hymn:......................Crown Him With Many Crowns

The Tailor's Hymn........................Holy, Holy, Holy

The Shopper's Hymn.......................Sweet By and By
The Lifeguard's Hymn.....................Rescue the Perishing
The Criminal's Hymn......................Search Me, O God
The Baker's Hymn.....................When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder
The Shoe Repairer's Hymn.................It Is Well With My Soul

As I watched the many cars pass the bus, some at dangerous speeds i thought of hymns for drivers. 
70 mph...............God Will Take Care of You
80 mph...............Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah
90 mph...............Nearer My God to Thee
100 mph..............Nearer Still Nearer
110 mph..............This World Is Not My Home
120 mph..............Lord, I'm Coming Home
Over 130 mph.........Precious Memories
Have a wonderful day, and a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment