Monday 14 November 2016

Kin?


Winter is Not the End of the World.

I spent the last two days pretty much out in the sticks. I am laughing here as I write this because I spend most of my life out in the sticks. But i was away in my motorhome and we stopped in a little place outside that very large city of Aberdeen. 

Even so I felt miles from anywhere in this little spot I had never visited before. I went walking on the Saturday and came across a little inn where the locals gathered. it was like being on a different planet they had such broad northern accents. I had to concentrate hard to make out what they were saying.

Reminded me of the story of the two American hillbillies.

They were sitting around talking one afternoon. 

After a while the first fellow says to the second, 

"If'n I was to sneak over to your place Saturday and make love to your wife 
while you was off huntin', and she got pregnant and had a baby, would that make us kin?" 

The second fellow crooked his head sideways for a minute, scratched his head, 
and squinted his eyes like he was thinking real hard about the question. 

Finally, he said, "Well, I don't know about kin, but it would make us even.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment