Monday 28 November 2016

I wish !.


Well thank goodness Black Friday is now behind and I can open my inbox in the morning and find closer to the normal expected number of emails. This was my thought yesterday. Then today I discover we have important another new exciting ploy. 

Now we have cyber Tuesday. So this morning there they were again an inbox full of spam encouraging me to make the most of cyber Tuesday.

How I wish I could avoid all that rubbish that has to be sifted through before you get to the emails from friends and family. It is too easy to miss things in the midst of all the rubbish. 

I wish I had the patience to tell all those people I am just not interested in all there finest deals ever. 

But then, if that wish was granted I suppose something else would come along. 

I remember when I was a prison chaplain the following.

Two men were in the same cell. 

They were in the same conditions, but one of them was unhappy, and the other one was happy.
"Why are you so sad?" I asked the unhappy man.  
"What reason do I have to be happy? I am unlucky. 
Recently I was free and had all that I wanted.  I was on holiday in the sun and there, as you know, is more interesting than here. 
Then the unhappy man turned to the other prisoner and asked him how he could be so happy sharing a cell with him?
The happy prisoner replied.  "Recently I was in another prison, where the conditions are much worse, and here is just like a holiday for me, compared to what it was. 
Many people want to get here, but I am the lucky one."

Everything is relative and has to be learned in comparison. 
If you want to be happy, just compare your current position not with what is better, but with what would be worse.
Have a happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment