Monday 7 November 2016

Memories.


I am beginning to become aware of the raging process and it really is a bit scary. I have a very dear friend who is having difficulties with his memory. Now we all have that from time to time but when I say he is having difficulties I mean he has reached the stage where he feels much more comfortable being with other people, just to keep him right.

I say it is scary because it is a horrible feeling to be out in my paint space and remember that the brush I am looking for is in the house where I took it to clean. I stop what I am doing and head into the house to retrieve it. 

I make my way to the kitchen and spot the coffee machine. Time for a nice cup of coffee. Where is my mug? You have got it. It is out in the garage I had better go out and get it. it is when I arrive there and see the painting on the easel that I remember why I went into the house in the first place. I went to get that brush so why am I back here without it. 

Without a further thought I about turn head back into the house to get my brush. Id so and return to the easel. Now I can get on with what i was doing. it is only then I spot my coffee cup and think a cup of coffee sounds like a good idea. 

it is scary because it is a bit like golf, which I played yesterday. I parred the first two holes and said to myself it can only go downhill from here on, and sure enough that was true. 

it is a bit like the old man sitting on the park bench.  He is sitting there and the tears are running down his face. 

A young jogger comes by and asks him what is the matter. 

The old man says, "I'm a multimillionaire  I have a great big house, the fastest car in the world and I just married a beautiful young lady, who satisfies my every need from sunrise till sunset! (sob)." 

The young jogger says, "Man, you have everything I have ever dreamed for in my life. What could be so wrong in your life that you are sitting here in the park crying?" 

The old man says, "I can't remember where I live."

Have a wonderful day. Now what was it I was going to do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment