Wednesday 2 November 2016

Its a mathematical fact.


One of the wonderful things about retirement , or so I thought, was that there would be no pressure to achieve anymore. Not that I was ever one who in the work situation was ever in the position of desiring to achieve. 

In all of my jobs I seemed to be able fairly easily to reach a level at which I was very happy to operate. Having reached that level I then put the pressure on myself to be the very best that I could be at the job I was doing. Pressure enough.

So retirement looked good. Yet here I am still putting pressure on myself to produce art that somebody will like enough to want to own it. There are times when rather than my art being a release from boring television or other such things I might do I manage to make it into a rod to push myself. 

Yesterday I  produced a piece of art that I just know is not as I would like it to be but for the first time in ages I am content to put it aside and take out another canvas and start again. 

This is a lesson I should have learned ages ago. 

I overheard a conversation yesterday where two people were discussing how best to achieve the status they were looking for. Maybe further study?  Maybe a change of employer? So it went on idea after idea.

I was really tempted to share with them the mathematical certainty of life. I know about this because it was one of the reasons I was always happy not to become part of that race to the top.  Fortunately I think my family have learned this also.

let me share it with you.

How to succeed the mathematical method to success.  

Let me begin by saying that the first rule is that you have to give more than 100%. We have all heard people saying they will give more than 100%. I heard a footballer say it last night. "We need to go out there and give 110%. 

Now let me explain how you can give more than 100% 

Here is the formula 

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z is represented as:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26.

Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K

8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98% 

and

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E

11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

But,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E

1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

And,

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND, look how far ass kissing will take you.

A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G

1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%

So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that:

While Hard work and Knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, 
it's the Bullshit and Ass kissing that will put you over the top.

Now is that really the road I want to travel? No it is not and never has been.

Have a wonderful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment