Tuesday 15 November 2016

What Do You Have?


A work in Progress.

You know you are getting old when the surgery writes out to remind you that because of your age you are expected to turn up at the clinic to receive your influenza and shingles injection.

I had to do just that a few days ago. The place was crowed with people of my age all filling out forms and waiting to be called through. 

I was given two sheets of paper and asked to complete all the questions. I asked, "All the questions?" and was told yes and that if I had any problems they were there to help me. I of course had already spotted the problem. One of the questions asked me if I was pregnant? Now how could I tell if a miracle had happened or not, was there a test? Just to be sure.

It reminded me of a very similar instance.

A fellow walked into a doctor's office and the receptionist asked him what he had. 

He said, "Shingles." 

So she took down his name, address, medical insurance number and told him to have a seat. 

A few minutes later a nurse's aid came out and asked him what he had. He said, "Shingles." 

So she took down his height, weight, a complete medical history and told him to wait in the examining room. 

Ten minutes later a nurse came in and asked him what he had. He said, "Shingles." 

So she gave him a blood test, a blood pressure test, an electrocardiogram, told him to take off all his clothes and wait for the doctor. 

Fifteen minutes later the doctor came in and asked him what he had. He said, "Shingles." 

The doctor said, "Where?" 

He said, "Outside in the truck. Where do you want them?"

Have a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment