Wednesday 16 November 2016

Children.


Under the Moon Love Comes Around.

( A work in Progress.)

Heading off today to meet up with friends that I first met about eleven years ago. It is always nice to be able to keep in touch with such people. 

I was thinking back over the years as such meetings always seems to make me do. Friends and meals times together round the table sharing food. 

Strangely enough this brought to mind a true story I heard as a minister for an embarrassed  mother. 

A family were having  people to dinner. 

At the table, the mother turned to her six-year-old daughter and said, 

"Dear, would you like to say the blessing?"
"I wouldn't know what to say," replied the little girl, shyly.

"Just say what you hear Mum  say, darling," the woman said.

Her daughter took a deep breath, bowed her head, and solemnly said, 

"Dear Lord, why the hell did I invite all these people to dinner!?!"














No comments:

Post a Comment