Tuesday 22 November 2016

Friends????



I seem to be the kind of person whom life likes to kick. Let me explain. I care very deeply for the friends I make and would do whatever I can to help them, or even just make a the moment of life better for them. 

The danger of being a person like this is that others sadly abuse what you are. I remember giving a friend a bag of my new harvested potatoes, thinking I was giving fresh new produce. I think there were enough to do for a few weeks at least. 

Later, the person I had given them to pointed out that I had given her one that was bruised and damaged. 

The story of my life really. I try and try to make people happy but continually fail. 

So I was giving some very serious thought to what a real friend was. What is it we mean when we say I am your friend, or even more when you say I love you. 

It is day by day an important question when we live in a world of fast moments and transitory relationships. Life moves faster and faster and relationships are reduced to a few texts, not even spelled with any care or thought. 

So here are my thoughts. 

A real friend :

(A)ccepts you as you are

(B)elieves in "you"

(C)alls you just to say "HI"

(D)oesn't give up on you

(E)nvisions the whole of you (even the unfinished parts)

(F)orgives your mistakes

(G)ives unconditionally

(H)elps you

(I)nvites you over

(J)ust  want to "be" with you

(K)eeps you close at heart

(L)oves you just as you are

(M)akes a difference in your life

(N)ever Judges
you
(O)ffers support
without a thought of why.
(P)icks you up
 when you do not deserve to be picked up.
(Q)uiets your fears
and understands why you have those fears.
(R)aises your spirits
and encourages you do do even more.
(S)ays nice things about you even when you do not deserve nice things to be said about you.

(T)ells you the truth when you need to hear it
even though it might hurt
(U)nderstands you
when nobody else seems to.
(V)alues you
just because you are whom you are.
(W)alks beside you when everybody else has left.

(X)-plains thing you don't understand in words you do.

(Y)ells when you won't listen and tells you to shut up.
(Z)aps you back to reality.


Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment