Tuesday 2 October 2018

It all depends how you see it.


The Warrior Prepares.

It never fails to upset me when I hear people criticise others just because they are different and even worse when the first and main difference is the country where they live. The number of times in the last five weeks or so I have listened to people complain about the French because they do not do things the same way as they do. Not only that, they make it very obvious that the way they do it is the only correct way.

Of course, me being me I frequently disagree with them that is why I come to France because I have learned so many things that have added something extra and special to my life. There is always much to learn from others and never ever judge who you may learn from because of what they are doing.

Last week I said good morning the lady who was busy cleaning the toilet on the site I was staying on.  She spoke back to me so cheerfully and with such a smile.

“Do you like your job?” I asked.  To my surprise, as I said, she smiled from ear to ear and was breathless for a couple seconds.  She finally collected herself and said, “I can’t believe how much I love my job!  I get to meet dozens of our campers and together we work to make their stay happy.  Every day is a happy day and I feed my two beautiful children at the same time.”

Now is that not a beautiful lesson to learn about being positive?

I remember my first day at my second charge as a minister of religion. That day I met a man who was to be a wonderful friend to me for the next five years until he died.

I will never forget the last real conversation I had with him.   He said in a voice so weaker than the voice I had become familiar with, "My only regret is that I did not appreciate every year with the same passion and purpose that I have in the last two years of my life after I was diagnosed with terminal cancer.  I have accomplished so much recently, if I had only known, I would have started sooner.”

It all depends on how we see it.

As I get older body oft-times feels sore, but it works, not always how well I would want it to but it does.  I do not sleep like most others most nights, but I do wake up to experience another day.  My wallet is not full, but my stomach is.  I don’t have all the things I have ever wanted, but I am aware I do have everything I need.  I am thankful because although my life is by no means perfect, it is MY life and I choose to be thankful in it, as I continue to do the best I can.

I look around and like everybody else I see people doing things differently from me. I do realise that the way I do might be alright for me it does not make it the right and only way. I might now and again propose another and different way to reach their end goal but not because I feel better than them. But I always rejoice that we are all very different and we all have things to learn from others. As my good friend, Jim says, "Every day is a school day."

As the title says, "It all depends on how you see it." Have a marvellous day.

Still slowly but surely making my way back home Calais in two days then the long drive from Dover to home.  Will post as and when I can.

The painting on this blog I painted on a canvas a number of years ago but thought I would have another try at it on my Ipad.




No comments:

Post a Comment