Thursday 25 October 2018

I am awake I have another day.




This is the age
Of the headers and the half-read page.
And the quick and instant mash
And rush the mad dash. 
The quick fake tan.
Everything to happen in a short span. 


The noisy bright night
That makes nerves tight
The short plane hop
Hardly time for a  brief stop. 
Cat naps
Until the spring snaps
Everything in short span.
The Big  Celebrity Shot
Being in a bad spot.
The brain train 
With the brain drain
Onward another day of the run.
And the fun is done.


 
So my life seems to have taken a violent turn. From being retired and doing nothing but my own thing. Walking when I want to. Going here and there and sitting at rest and having early nights.

Yesterday life hit me with a bang. I spoke the other day of waiting until other things had come and gone before considering Christmas. There I was yesterday sitting making a phone call to order a twenty foot Christmas Tree that I am responsible for having erected in the centre of the village in time for erecting prior to Christmas. Today I await delivery of the wreath that will be laid on the War Memorial on the eleventh of next month. Oh yes, and those Christmas lights lying on my study floor waiting to be checked before they go on that tree.

Then while sitting after evening meal an email pops into my box, can I organise somebody to attend a  Memorial Service and Civic reception at the start of next month? I was worried about my head spinning it has reason to do so.  I need a course in Time Management.


Time is the inexplicable raw material of everything. With it, all is possible; without it, nothing. 

The supply of time is truly a daily miracle, an affair genuinely astonishing when you stop to examine it. 

We wake up in the morning, and behold your purse is magically filled with twenty-four hours of the unmanufactured tissue of the universe of your life! 

It is yours. It is the most precious of possessions. No one can take it from you. It is not something that can be stolen. And no one receives either more or less than you receive.

Moreover, you cannot draw on its future.  It is impossible to get into debt! 

You can do no more than waste the passing moment. 

You cannot waste tomorrow; it is kept for you. You cannot waste the next hour; it is kept for you. 

You have to live on this twenty-four hours of daily time. Out of it, you have to spin health, pleasure, money, content, respect, and the evolution of the inner you. 

Its right use, its most effective use, is a matter of the highest urgency and of the most thrilling actuality. All depends on that. Your happiness, the elusive prize that we are all clutching for, my friends, depends on that. 

So use it wisely and do not squander this precious thing called time. 

I am busy but it is a wonderful feeling to once again feel that I am making a small contribution to the community in which I live and move and have my being. 

Thanks, I give for music and meditation that make all of this possible and the many friends some who as yet do not know they will be putting up a Christmas tree. 

Have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment