Tuesday 30 October 2018

A little stoicism.


Life can get pretty hectic and stormy when you least expect and then in the midst of it all you spend a little time with young people and the innocence of youth touches your inner being and you feel that life does not look so bad.

Yesterday in my enthusiasm I turned up at the school garden club a day earlier than expected but hey, let us just have an extra day at it. I thought I would clear out the dying sunflowers and prepare the bed for some more planting.  Before chopping them all down I got out my iPad and we had a little lesson in drawing a sunflower. I have spent a year learning how to master, and still much learning to do, a painting app on my Ipad. They watched and before my eyes had a go with all the confidence of youth.
 

So what for me at present seems very hectic and stormy is possibly more about me that reality. Youth deficiency again is getting to me. So after some further toil, I eventually weaved my way home in the late afternoon thinking that life was not so bad it all depends on how you looked at it. Then I realised I had left all my tools at the last place I had been so another mile to contemplate just that.

I thought about the tale that could only happen in the USA.

Driving through Texas, a New Yorker collided with a horsebox carrying a horse. A few months later he tried to collect damages for his injuries. 

"How can you now claim to have all these injuries?" asked the insurance company's lawyer. "According to the police report, at the time you said you were not hurt." 

"Look," replied the New Yorker. "I was lying on the road in a lot of pain, and I heard someone say the horse had a broken leg. The next thing I know this Texas Ranger pulls out his gun and shoots the horse. 

Then he turns to me and asks, 'Are you okay?'

So back to school for me today again this time on the proper day. Apple trees to prune sunflowers to clear up and maybe some leeks to plant. It is indeed a hard life, all got to be done in time for me to stream the apple conference and see what wonderful new gadgets are coming our way.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment