Sunday 14 October 2018

Here it is. !


Yesterday I was looking for my horse so I thought I would go back to a horse I started to paint in France and see if I could make him look better. I just could never feel that I had caught the real strength and beauty of this beautiful animal.  I passed him twice a day as I walked in that part of France.

I have had this problem all my life I am just never happy with what I have done. As I have grown older it has not improved I get more and more critical of what I do. Even planting out plants in containers I always have the urge to move them just a little to get the symmetry correct.

it is not easy being somebody who never feels that what has been accomplished is just not good enough.

The other day there I sat down and tried to give some thought to this and I realised a few things we should all rejoice in.

You are alive. You have wakened up with the possibility of another day. 

You are able to see the sunrise and the sunset.

You are able to hear the birds sing.

You can walk outside and feel the breeze through your hair and the sun’s warmth on your skin.

You have tasted the sweetness of chocolate.

You didn’t go to sleep hungry last night.
You awoke this morning with a roof over your head.

You had a choice of what clothes to wear.

You haven’t feared for your life today unlike so many in so many parts of the world.

You often worry about what you’re going to do with your life, your family, the next step, which means you have time, passion, drive, and the freedom to make your own decisions.

You are reasonably strong and healthy if you got sick today, you would probably recover.

You have a friend or relative who misses you and looks forward to your next visit.

You have someone with whom to reminisce about ‘the good old days.’

You have access to clean drinking water unlike so many.

You have access to the Internet, even though some days you spend time putting back what you have accidentally wiped off.

You can read, and there was a time when you toiled and struggled to do that.

The truth is, you’re doing better than a lot of people in this world.  So remember to be grateful for all the things you do have. 
I did a fair bit of complaining at myself yesterday when I discovered I had actually deleted the folder containing all of the files of my painting. All but one of them had gone. Fortunately, I am wise enough not to panic and set in motion the steps to put things right. When I read, "calculating the time remaining" and saw that it was five hours I remembered the list I had written and got on with my day, which ended well with a marvellous live concert from Berlin. 
So I am awake and sitting here and I have the day that is about to break before me. Have a great day I am going to try and do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment