Thursday 27 September 2018

Is there anything worse?


Go with Tao.

There is nothing worse than being in a place you love and surrounded by walks that you love and feeling ill. It seems even worse when you visit the doctor and have a conversation in another language but you realise he cannot find anything wrong with you yet I cannot walk without staggering all over the place and the world seems to be revolving at a rate of knots.

Having so many caring friends makes life so much better in such situations and I am humbled and thank you all for you good wishes and messages of kindness. A very special big thank you to the friend who took the time to explain what was going on with the knowledge they had, you know who you are.

I was told to be patient, those who know me know I have that in rather small doses.

So my mind has been full of pills doctors and illness but even in this, there is always something to smile about.

I remembered the time I had cut my finger and taken the tip right off. With it wrapped in a towel I was taken to the hospital to have it stitched. I was shown to a chair and to hold my hand up. The blood was dripping off my elbow onto the floor. An orderly asked me to move to another chair so that she could mop the floor.  Sometime later a nurse came over and asked me what I was waiting for?  In disbelief, I told her I was waiting for that other piece of floor drying.

Another hospital incident went like this.

"here," says the nurse, handing the older patient a urine specimen container. "The bathroom is over there." A few moments later the old man comes over to the nurse.

"Thanks," he says, returning the empty container. "But there was a toilet in there, so I did not need this after all."

A doctor tells the tale of the patient who came to attend a follow-up consultation. "I have good news and bad news," she said. "Th medicine for my earache worked."

"What is the bad news?" asked the doctor.

"It tasted awful.'

She was feeling better so he did not bother to tell her that they were called eardrops for a reason.

Keeping this short for obvious reasons let me return to my opening sentence. There are some things worse one being that I could be unable to complain because nobody listens to a corpse.

Have a marvellous day and thank one and all for your kindness.




No comments:

Post a Comment