Wednesday 19 September 2018

Friends are what they are.

Artus.
Today I seem to have had one of those days that has never stopped. I have walked cycled and walked again. As hard as I have tried I have failed to meet the expectations of me from some, but that is life. The downside is that I have had one of those days that I have done much but not a great deal of thinking. So what do I do when I find myself stuck for something to say I turn to one of my greatest friends Winnie the Pooh.
Having said Winnie, one of my absolute favourite characters is Eeyore. But what I love even more than Eeyore is how his friends just continue to love him. Nobody ever tells him to “get over himself” or to “perk up.” 
They never accuse him of bringing down the party or being a spoilsport. Instead, they chalk up his characteristics and emotions as “that’s just Eeyore.” They never count any of the things that make Eeyore who he is as flaws, they accept them as part of who he is. And they love him no matter what. So it is with friends what others see as flaws they see as us being what we are and who we are.
Now my next favourite character is, poor Piglet, he has some major fears and insecurities. But does he let them stop him from helping his friends? Of course not. All of these characters go above and beyond to support each other. In fact, the only time any character bails on something scary is when Christopher Robin is there to help—and they never let each other jump into a situation alone. This is another thing I learn from my friends in Winnie the Pooh they are always there to help each other.
What else have I learned from my friends in Winnie the Pooh? Whether you had a day planned and your friend called you crying, or your friend Rabbit’s home was destroyed and they need a place to stay, sacrificing your own wants and needs to be there for your friends is an incredible show of compassion, love, and friendship. That is what friends do for each other they are there for them no matter what their plans might have been.
 Lastly, for today something else I learned from Winnie the Pooh. You know, not one character ever makes fun of Pooh for loving honey so much. Nobody ever teases Piglet about his fears or tells Rabbit that he’s insane for being such an anxiety-ridden little guy. They just love each other and even when they are unsure of a situation or idea, they still support and back each other up without a second thought.
Now that is friendship possibly at its highest level.

No comments:

Post a Comment