Tuesday 19 June 2018

Good Morning !


Someone once said, "There's nothing quite so early as the morning."  I find the older I get the earlier I  arise in the morning. As the light begins to filter into my eyes I rejoice in another day spreading out before me and all that might happen before I catch the night train to daybreak.

"There ought to be a better way of starting the day than having to get up." Somebody else said this. These are words I find no agreement with at all. I cannot see any joy in staying in bed when the day beckons. It never worries me that it might be raining or the sun might be in full glory, as long as I have met another sunrise the possibilities before me fill me with an excitement. I feel with this thought I can face the endeavours of the day, any misfortunes will be overcome.  

The day begins and I prepare myself to face it with a quiet thought and time of contemplation. Some gentle music and some Tai Chi, and I am bolstered and ready to face whatever may come my way.

I often feel if we could acknowledge the mystery of the night and the glory of the morning we would need very little more.

At its simplest life begins with the dawn, that is blessing enough, and happiness enough. All else flows and follows from this.

I feel tempted to say give thanks for the day, but I am aware that we all "give thanks," in differing ways. One of the few certainties in life is that day follows night and each day it dawns is indeed something to rejoice in.

There are so many ways we could describe this moment of wonder, and having studied and taught many of the world's philosophies I have heard a few. "The miracle to witness." "The ultimate in beauty." This is true sacredness." "This is the great gift of heaven." "This is the omen of prophecy."

For me some of the thoughts I have had and shared, some of the things I have learned make me feel that the awakening to a new day is what makes life not futile. It is a personal kind of enlightenment of understanding, that moment gives meaning to life itself.

That I have another day is a great comfort, another opportunity to share compassion for my fellow beings. it is an inspiration for further creativity.

I do not know about others who read this but I need no clock or radio to awaken me to a new day but think of this if you do.

An alarm clock is a mechanism used to scare the daylights into you. Now there is something to consider.

Arise the day is dawing and the adventure continues. Have a marvellous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment