Wednesday 13 June 2018

A Learning Experience.



Robert and his young grandson, Bob were out fishing one lovely summer day.  Bob turned to his grandfather and asked. "Grandad, how does this boat float?" Robert thought for a moment and replied, "I have no idea."

A little bit later, Bob again asked his grandad a question, "Grandad how do fish swim underwater?"
Again he was given the same answer, "I have no idea."

"Grandad why is the sky blue?" Again the same reply. "I have no idea son."

A little while later, "Grandad, do you mind me asking you all those questions?" Robert replied, "Of course not lad.  If you do not ask questions  you will never learn anything."

Learning is the fountain of youth and no matter how old we are we must never stop learning. As long as we continue to learn and engage in doing things and welcoming new ideas, and expanding our minds then we are engaged in the creativity of the self.

If you look closely at the seniors around us those who are ongoing and vital. Those who seem to enjoy participating in life, you will notice that the one thing they have in common is the desire to keep on learning. These are the ones who are brimming with vitality because day after day they are still engaged and finding new ways to do things.

As we enter each new phase of our lives, things change.

I watched some people running along the beach paths yesterday and remembered how I used to love the feeling of such movement and energy.  I can no longer do this to the same extent as I once did. I have however found new ways to give me this same inner buzz of life. I have revamped myself according to my present situation. This is the secret of staying young, of continuing to find life interesting and challenging. The way to overcome the boredom of another day that sadly so many of my contemporaries complain about.

Be positive and see each day as another wonderful challenge.

On the thought of older age, an old lady who had reached her hundredth birthday was asked by a group of reporters, "What is the secret of being a hundred?" She replied, "I guess it is down to being born so long ago."

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment