Thursday 14 June 2018

Call it what it is.



There are some people who have a habit of putting their tongues into action without first engaging their brains. I, probably like most of us, have heard a few such people. I even remember some of the things I have heard them saying, never meaning to insult, but doing it very successfully.

"There are two kinds of people in this world, I do not like either of them." Sadly those who thought like this were not very likeable people themselves.

"I am really very sorry if I offended you when I called you stupid, I honestly thought you already knew." The person the said that was not the brightest pea in the pod.

"If I agreed with you then we would both be wrong." Some people just think they know everything.

This made me begin to wonder, as I cycled one of my favourite routes in this part of the world. Along the seashore through some villages and a nudist village and then on to go through a wildlife reserve. it made me wonder what kind of person I was and what kind of person I hoped others saw.

I really would like to be the kind of person who:-

Who cannot be bought, either with money or flattery?

My word is my bond and can be relied upon. 


That I would always put character above wealth, or gain.


I was always larger than their title my occupation gave me.


That I never hesitate to take chances, not only for myself but for my friends.


That I would never lose my individuality in a crowd just to be at one with everybody else.


That I am as honest in small things as in great things.


That I never make a compromise with wrong.


That my ambitions are not confined to my own selfish desires.
 
That I am true to my friends through good report and evil report, in adversity as well as in prosperity.


And a final two thoughts that came to me as I sat here writing.

That I do not believe that shrewdness, cunning, and hardheadedness are the best qualities for winning success.

That I am Never  ashamed or afraid to stand for the truth when it is unpopular and can say "no" with emphasis, although all the rest of the world says "yes." 

What do you think? What if any of those would you consider important for yourself?

Have a thought filled day.

No comments:

Post a Comment