Tuesday 26 June 2018

Going with the tide.


I often wonder if I am floating in a dream. My mind is a constant melody of thoughts and ideas, I cannot ever switch it off. Those walking with me will often say to me, "What brought. that idea to your head right now." That really is a very difficult question for me to answer. I find thoughts coming and going and my brain constantly teasing me with thoughts and often doubts.

Those who follow Taoism would say that life is in fact but a dream but it is a dream in which you cannot be a bit player. Christianity would remind us that life is a reality and there are no second chances, so make the very most of this one chance to get it right.

This is a life in which you are the producer, director and actor, you are responsible for all bases. We must never allow ourselves to become aimlessly adrift. 

I have been wondering therefore about this mind of mine that flits like a flutterby. My latest thought is this. I have been trying for many years to master the art of meditation. I think I have come someway along that path where my life is almost a constant act of meditation, awake, in dream, awake, in thought. Moments of delightful enlightenment. I am like a swimmer going with the flow of the tide, rather than trying constantly to swim against it. Sometimes I find myself in the sea of sorrow, but at other times I am in the sea of bliss.

I am no different then from any other person reading this. We all have to face what life throws our way the ups and the downs. We each need to find that which helps us sustain this life and make it a meaningful experience. We have to learn to live in the world but not be stained or broken by it.

I aim to pass through this life without disturbing the water too much for other swimmers. To be ready to assist those sinking under the weight of turmoil.

I hope that my words and actions in life are helpful, not harsh or hurtful, that my actions are true and meaningful and cause as little upset to others as possible.

So daily my mind flits back and forth and you my friends get the aftermath as I blather on. I hope sometimes my words hit the mark and offer some little insight.

This blog is another attempt to respond to a question from a friend I hope it goes some way to doing that. 

Have a good day and find yourself swimming with the tide.

No comments:

Post a Comment