Thursday 5 October 2017

It is a case of black or white.


It never fails to amaze me how we all see life so very differently. I have found it rather alarming sometimes in the last few weeks on some of the real and utter horrors that have happened, not least the latest in Las Vegas.  When reading peoples opinions on such matters I sometimes feel like weeping when I read how some respond to such situations.
But then I suppose life would be very different if we all believed in the same things in the same ways.
I was giving thought to this as I drove the long road from France to Freuchie and I remembered a lesson learned as a schoolboy.
I will never forget this lesson.
It was in primary school and I had got myself into an argument  with another boy in my class. I can still remember his name to this day and that argument but I will not give any names here.
I was convinced that, “I” was right and “he” was wrong, and he was just as convinced that ,“I” was wrong and “he” was right. The teacher decided to teach us a very important lesson.
She brought us up to the front of the class and placed him on one side of her desk and me on the other. In the middle of her desk was a large, round object. I could clearly see that it was black. 
She asked the boy what colour the object was. “White,” he answered.
I could not believe that he said the object was white when it was very clearly black. I might have been unwise about other things but colour was ok for me. It was black. Another argument was about to develop.
The teacher held up her hand to stop, and told us to change places. She then asked me what colour the object was, I had to give an honest answer it was indeed white. 
It was in fact a two coloured ball and depending on where you stood was what you saw. 
What saddens me and what I have learned since that to be really honest, as far as personal opinions go, there is really no black and white but some kind of shade of grey.
Have a beautiful and colourful day.  Hope things will get back to normal very soon. That is for me I mean.




No comments:

Post a Comment