Tuesday 10 October 2017

Autumn Comes.


Some years ago I did four paintings for my sons office. I based them on the music of Vivaldi, The Four Seasons. Recently my son had a summer house, retreat , built in his back garden. A lovely place to sit far from the hustle and bustle of other things and no tv. 

He has decided to hang the four paintings in there  because he and his wife and friends will watch the changing seasons through the windows. 

The one above was the one to represent Autumn. 

Autumn is a beautiful time of the year loved by many, for its colours and beauty.  It touches the heart and the photographers and artists love it. 

But the reality of autumn is that it is much more a time of death rather than joy.

Just think. It is often at this time the the price of fuel begins to rise, happens every year almost without fail.  So while we rake up the dying leaves, they rake in the cash.  I am sure you have heard many people asking, "Do you think money grows on trees?" Now just think if it was the case how rich we would all be. 

Another little couple of thoughts I had about autumn as I walked through the beautiful woods of Scotland. Autumn is a time when we can see death as golden and beautiful. It is like another spring when every leaf is a flower.

It is indeed a beautiful time of the year and it lifts the spirits of us all because we know that spring will come again as surely as day becomes night. 

Let me finish by bringing our thoughts back to autumn and art.

A couple are looking round an art gallery, they come to  a painting where of a very beautiful woman with here dignity retained by the clever positioning of some leaves from a nearby tree. The wife does not like this painting at all and moves on quickly. The man stands looking. 

His wife turns back and asks him why is he taking so ling, "What are you waiting for?" she asks. The husband replies, "Autumn."

it is an inspiring time reminding us that times that may be sad or difficult , "They to will pass." Life  moves ever onward and we must grasp the day and the moment. 

Heading out today with my good friend for a walk in the Autumn woods I am sure they will fill me with joy and lift my gloomy heart. 

Have a beautiful day.





No comments:

Post a Comment