Thursday 4 January 2018

The water of life.


Water Neither Struggles or Fights it just Flows.

I could not resist trying something with rocks and flowing water in the style of Chinese art. For those who live anywhere near me, they might just recognise that this is very much inspired by Rumbling Bridge. I spent many a happy time walking around the paths and over the bridges up there while thinking about the sermons I might preach on the upcoming Sunday. 

I of course no longer preach though sometimes I think I might get fairly close to doing so if so forgive me.

What about this painting? I learned many lessons from watching the water. We spend so much time trying to achieve things or in the accumulation of things we believe will bring us happiness. We strive to make things as we would like them to be, we even try to change the friends we have to make them more perfect, or maybe just more like ourselves.

Water on the other hand never tries to change anything. it begins its journey and heads towards its destination. When it comes to a difficulty, something making its journey more difficult, it does not fight or struggle with it merely flows around it.

Perseverance is the foundation of all its actions. What a message, much needed in a time when so many think that they have a right to so many things and are shocked at the suggestion that such things might be achieved by our toils.

We would all like to have a life filled with happiness, and why not? But we foolishly think that this happiness comes not from within but in the possession of material wealth and things. 

The great sage many thousands of years ago said,"If your happiness depends on wealth, you will never be happy with yourself."

I find watching water on its journey to the sea exciting and often inspiring. Inspiring me to create and enjoy.

Water nourishes and feeds without striving to do so. It flows where nothing else can go and refreshes and renews.

If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then your life will be worthy. You will do all these things by being just you and doing what you do best

Or as I have said elsewhere on my page today.

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates Love.

Go with the flow and arrive.

Have a marvellous day.



No comments:

Post a Comment