Wednesday 3 January 2018

The Tao of Nature.

The Tao of Nature.

While in China some 17 years ago I had some lessons for a very skilled calligrapher. At the time he said that I should certainly try to continue. Being me I, at the time, I thought he was just being nice to me even though I was assured by our guide that this was not the case.

Before coming home I purchased a book on Taoist painting and promised myself to have an attempt. About seven years later I bought some Chinese paints and a grinding block.

Yesterday I made my first attempt at a Taoist painting. Maybe I should have continued to procrastinate, but I have attached my signature to it both in Chinese and English. I could not resist adding some colour technically it should be in black, and shades of alone.

I think I may try again. It is really all about getting the time correct and the thinking correct and the mind in the correct space. Right now I  may not have all three but I am probably closer to it than I have in years.

Some things in life do not need to be rushed and getting our priorities correct is important.  

Being in the correct place at the correct time is all it takes.

It is like the husband who was entertaining his mother in law and father in law for new years dinner. The trouble was at the same time the New years' football derby was on television at the same time.

His wife had pleaded with him to be at the table for the meal and to make his guests feel wanted and pleased to be there. With a great deal of effort, he did just that.

He sat through the three courses and chatted with them over the cheese and biscuits. His wife was so happy and feeling much love for him. 

Eventually, he excused himself from the table and went hurriedly through to the sitting room and switched on the television. 

His wife feeling as she did poured him a chilled beer and took it through to him.  "What stage is the game at and what is the score she asked?"

He replied,"it is halftime and the score is nil, nil." "There you are," she said. "You have not missed anything."

For everything, there is a time and for every time a season.  I hope for you the time is just right for have a wonderful day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment