Monday 22 January 2018

Nothing Like a Little Hear Attack.


Music Fills the Air.

I was lying in bed thinking it was time to get up but I was listening quietly to a radio broadcast. I cannot for the life of me remember the whole context of the broadcast but I had for a moment a hear attack. Not that is not a typo I did not intend to write heart attack, I meant to say hear attack. 

What did I hear? I heard a group of singers singing a hymn I had written many many years ago. I had to listen twice just to reassure myself I was not, in fact, having a heart attack, but no I was hearing correctly. 

I spent the rest of the morning thinking about that little blast from the past, how it was possible to do something and many years later discover that it was still giving some joy. I felt my inner being applaud. 

There will in future be many more who will have such similar experiences when you see and hear the music of the very young. I listened to a teacher of the very young telling of how he began teaching very young children how to play the violin. I was surprised, he told how the first few lessons were taken up not by holding a violin but simply learning how to stand properly. His second set of lessons was how to hold a violin, not yet playing it just holding it and the bow. 

Having got this you would assume the next thing would be playing some notes. NO, the next thing he taught his students to do was to take a bow. He thought this was probably as important as anything else he ever taught them. I wondered why?

I was pleased when he explained. "If children just play the violin and at the end of the music just stop, people may forget to show their appreciation." He then went on to say, "If on the other hand children bow at the end of the music, the audience will invariably applaud. Applause is the best motivator we've discovered to make children feel good about performing and they want to do it well."

There is nothing better than a hear attack to lift the inner being.

It is not only the case with children. There is not one of us who would not benefit from the hear attack of a bit of praise or applause.  When I heard the hymn being sung from all those years ago I felt affirmed. I doubt if I sat down to try and write a song now I would end up with that one but yet I felt affirmed that it was still meaning something to others. 

Being so affirmed makes us feel good, makes us feel better, if not even wonderful. If you want to rekindle or keep the flame of love glowing, give the person a hear attack of some praise or even applause. A little word of appreciation goes a very long way it makes a persons day so much better, but it also makes them want to hear this again so they become a better person for it. 

Put some more applause into your life. Put some more praise into the lives of others. Give somebody today a, "Hear Attack"  Make there day and probably even their tomorrow. 

 Might I suggest a little thought, "Hear Attacks are the food of Love."

Have a wonderful day and have many such hear attacks as you go on your way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment