Wednesday 30 August 2017

Travel Arrangements.


Yes, I know another Iona painting.This one was promised to a friend who is organising a charity event. I have to say that working on an easel has not been easy with my elbow and my fingers seem to be getting sore rather fast because of it. Not sure if this is ready for a frame need to consider it for a bit, not that I have much time to do so.  But I cannot manage paint today.

I found myself saying a few times yesterday, "What we do for friends." I am sure some of my friends will tell me how I could make this a bit better. 

This reminded me of an account Of a prisoner and his wife. He had been sent to jail and his wife did not want to be parted from him so on her first visit to the prison she covered her hands in super glue. As they held hand they became glued together.  

There new found closeness was short lived, their separation was indeed painful.

 This technique is not recommended for a "close relationship." 
If you want more closeness... if you desire relationships that are deeper and broader, more meaningful and longer-lasting, then remember the acronym for "TRAVEL."
T is for TRUST - 
Trust is the glue that holds people together (not Super Glue). A relationship will go nowhere without it.
R is for RESPECT 
- Do not save your loving speeches for your friends till they are dead; do not write them on their tombstones, speak them rather now instead. It's about respecting others and letting them know that you value them.
A is for AFFECTION 
- Sometimes affection means love. Sometimes it means a touch. Always it means kindness.
V is for VULNERABILITY 
- Though we may feel afraid to let another too close, no relationship will go anywhere without risking vulnerability.  The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness, also keep out the joy.  And the love.
E is for EMOTIONAL INTIMACY 
- Learn to be open. Learn to communicate freely. What kinds of relationships you make are largely determined by how openly you have learned to communicate.
L is for LAUGHTER 
- Victor Borge got it right when he said, "Laughter is the shortest distance between two people." It's also the most enjoyable.
For relationships that can really go somewhere, just remember the word "TRAVEL"
... Then enjoy the trip!
And enjoy today as you travel through it with your friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment