Monday 21 August 2017

Hell?



Not the painting you expected, not the one on my Facebook page. Only those who read it will know the difference .

For a great many the above painting will not be one that you like. I am aware of this and have never in the past posted anything anywhere near it  because I am aware. The last time I showed a painting of a naked body one of my friends commented that maybe I should be thinking that I am too old for that.

I felt at that moment that I was on the brink of standing before the pearly gates. 

The human form was something for years I kept well away from drawing or painting. It has to be perfect or it will look terrible. This in fact is not the case, I learned so my fears disappeared and I made some terrible attempts. 

The one thing about painting the human form is that it is an exercise of control and serious contemplation over what is being drawn.

Enough of that let us return to the pearly gates. 

Once upon a time, there was a man who had the heart of kindness and love all his life. 

When death came everyone just assumed and said that he would now be at peace in heaven, the only place for a good man like he. 

The man himself had never given thought to what would happen to him after death, he was only interested in living the peaceful life. 

Now this is where the story takes a twist. When he checked in at the pearly gates the assistant of peter made an error and on checking his name sent him straight to hell. 

On arrival at hell no check is made because all are very welcome. So he entered and stayed. 

Some days later the devil storms up to the gates of heaven and demands an explanation.

"What is this all about? This is pure terrorism!" he said. "You sent that man down to hell and he is completely undermining me! From day one he has been listening to people, looking them in the eye, talking to them. Now everybody is sharing their feelings and hugging each other . This is not the sort of thing I want in hell!. Please take him back where he belongs.

Now back to the painting. Concentration and thought and seeing people as they really are  brings its own awareness and peace. 

Those who have a peaceful state of mind, a mind full of understanding and compassion in their everyday life, experience a sort of heaven and create  that around them.

Those on the other hand with an agitated mind experience a kind of living hell and cannot help but create negativity around them. 

To see people as they are and appreciate them for what they are is the road to peace. 

Have a marvellous day.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment