Monday 14 August 2017

My lawn.


My apologies another of my older abstracts I am still unable to spend time painting or sitting in front of my computer.  Off to have further tests this morning at the doctors. We shall see.  

I feel so frustrated not being able to do the many things that I want to. Going to art galleries only makes me want to paint. Standing in my garden I only see all the requires doing and is not being done. 

But a little lesson was learned the other day when I saw two people in high visibility jackets taking a picture of my lawn. They explained they were looking at the lawns in the village and were considering putting mine on the short list as one of the best. 

So maybe a little more patience and to take note that sometimes more is less. 

There were two neighbours who both retired at the same time and both lived very close to each other. One was a retired teacher the other an insurance agent with an interest in technology. 

Both of them on retirement decided to plant up their gardens and try to make them look good. Both visited garden centres and purchased plants and seeds. 

The retired teacher once all planted up gave his plants water and feeding but nothing like the amount of attention the insurance agent gave to his.

Both gardens looked good but the insurance agents had such more greenery and looked much more lush. 

Then one night came the storm. Wind and rain battered against the plants for many hours. The next day the teacher had to prop some of his plants back up but they were looking good. The insurance agents had been torn out by the roots and were in a terrible state beyond retrieval. 

The insurance agent was surprised to see this and spoke to the teacher. He spoke of how he had spent a great deal more time giving them water and food while the teacher gave much less. "Now look at the mess."

The teacher smiled, "You gave your plants far too much attention and they did not have to make very much effort on their own. You made growing far too easy for them. I on the other hand gave them enough but left them to put down roots to help themselves.  That is why one lot survived the others did not."

In warm vine growing countries this is exactly what happens. The farmer plants the vines tends them by pruning and timing but they have to reach down deep to find water for themselves. This makes them strong and able to survive the dry soil and often strong winds and showers. 

It is the same with life if everything comes easy to us we are less able to face difficult times. Children who get everything they ask for often do not appreciate very much. 

My lawn seems to be doing very well at present without my constant attention.  maybe I should just let the healing process progress and accept where I am at present. 

Have a marvellous day. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment