Thursday 3 August 2017

Passing time and wisdom.



It seems that some of my friends are concerned that I am beginning to feel my age. More and more the topic seems to be creeping into my thinking. I suppose, but hope not that it is also creeping into my conversations. 

Bottom line is, I am getting older, and believe it or not so are you and everybody else even the younger members who read this. It happens. I can no longer run up and down Ben Nevis in just over two hours, gone are the days, I still believe I could get up there but not that fast. 

I apologise if I have made getting older sound negative. It does not have to be with age also comes wisdom.  Let me share some of the wise and wonderful thoughts I have had this week. 

 I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

My wild oats have turned into prunes and All Bran.

I finally got my head together; now my body is falling apart.

Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.

All reports are in; Life is now officially unfair.

 If all is not lost, where is it?

It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.

Some days you're the dog; some days you're the lamppost.

It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.

If I was meant to touch my toes, they would be on my knees.

When I'm finally holding all the cards, why does everyone decide to play chess?

It's not hard to meet expenses...they are everywhere

The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter ... I go somewhere to get something, and then wonder what I'm here after.

Have a marvellous day, I hear the rain pounding on my window as I write but hey, I will get to cut the grass next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment