Tuesday 29 August 2017

A bad Day ??


This is the painting I should have put on yesterday. This is the North Beach on Iona a place where I spent many peaceful hours on my own in the year I spent there. 

Trouble was I could not find it when I was looking on my computer for it. We all have those kind of days. I began to work on the pastel of Iona which has to be complete for Friday. I am doing it for a charity event next Saturday.

I managed to to do the drawing before my elbow starts playing up again.  We shall see what today brings.

I was not the only one having a bad day yesterday. My friend appeared later than I am used to seeing him. His computer was failing to connect to the internet. A visit to get things sorted out. Problem solved. 

As I say we all have bad days and they can get us down.  But let us get it into some kind of perspective. 

These are verified true accounts of the peoples bad days.

After the Exxon Valdez disaster a conservation group spent thousands to rescue animals and birds effected by the event. The two most expensive rescues were two seals. Eventually after much care and attention and feeding they were ready for the wild.  They had arranged a release ceremony and many onlookers had turned up for the release. 

With much applause they were returned to the sea. The onlookers were shocked when two minutes later in full view, A killer whale swallowed both of them.

A woman came home to find her husband in the kitchen, shaking frantically with what looked like a wire running from his waist to the electric kettle. Intending to jolt him from the current she whacked him with a large plank of wood that was nearby by the back door.  In so doing she broke his arm in two places. Until that moment he was happily listening to his favourite band on his walkman. 

Two animal rights protesters were protesting at the cruelty of send wild pigs to a slaughterhouse in Germany. Suddenly the pigs, all 2,000 of them escaped through a broken fence, trampling over the two protesters and trampling them to death.

And finally I am equally certain this is another true account.

A terrorist, Khay Rahnajet, didn't pay enough postage on a letter bomb he had sent to an embassy. It was returned to him marked, "return to sender." Forgetting it was a bomb, he opened it and was blown to bits.

  I think we need to consider bad days in the light of other peoples bad day. Not so bad at all. 
Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment