Tuesday 8 August 2017

The yellow ball.



My elbow problem continues to keep me from my computer and iPad. It keeps me from many things right now I have so many antibiotics inside me I wonder if I am able to do anything. Surely everything inside me is coated in one or other antibiotic. 

So with that being the case I have sat about a bit doing trivial things, and wondered what I could be doing instead.

I could be standing at my easel, but that seems to be a no. I could be wandering the fields of Aberdour Golf Course, but I am sure that would be time wasted. Is not golf a good walk wasted anyway?

On that not here is a little thought. 

In my hand I hold a ball,
Yellow and dimpled and very small.
How harmless it is this little sphere.
Not frightening at does it appear.

By its size you would not guess,
The awesome power it does possess.
One day I fell beneath its spell,
Since then I have wandered paths of hell.

My life has never been the same,
From that day, I chose to try this game.
My head is full for hours on end,
Time spent a fortune it has made me spend.

It has made me smile, and made me swear, it has almost made me cry,
There are days when it seems it would be easier to die.
Each time it promises me a par,
But first I must hit it straight and far.

To master such a tiny ball,
you would think would take no time at all.
But my desires this ball refuses,
And off it flies just as it chooses.

It hooks, it slices plops and dies,
And often disappears before my eyes.
Some days it will have a whim,
And hit a tree or take a swim.

With miles of grass on which to land,
It decides upon a hole of sand.
For it I would sell my soul,
If just for once it would find a hole.

It has made me whimper like a pup,
And often promise to give it up.
Maybe drink would ease my sorrow?
But this wee ball knows,
I will be back again tomorrow.

I better go and take those tablets and find a chair where I can do no damage. But those potatoes look ready to harvest. 

Have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment