Friday 5 May 2017

Where is it all going?




Had a very busy day yesterday one way and another, and somewhat exciting also. In the morning I collected my motorhome after having a satellite dome fitted to its roof. Then my rush to make the bus for my trip to Dunfermline.

Now should I go and get a haircut before my meeting or leave it until after? Fortunately I decided to get it over and done with, being such a lover of haircuts. 

Went in to meet my friends in the Inn next door to the hairdressers and all seemed well. 

Then we got caught up in a bomb scare.  The street where the hairdresser was cordoned off with police tape and there were police everywhere. Ambulances stood around as did police cars. Police were  all armoured up.

I began to wonder if somebody got a bad haircut! Mine seemed ok.

Oh for the days when the only scare you got in life was a backlash from your mother. This growing old, and this kind of thing makes you ask where it is all going. 

This all got me thinking about the journey of life and some thoughts on how we got here. 

If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, it's full potential, that word would be "meetings."

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.

No matter what happens ... somebody will find a way to take it too seriously.

When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy.

The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.

Your friends love you anyway.

Another busy day lies before me I just hope I do not end up surrounded by police cars.

Have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment