Wednesday 3 May 2017

Ten ways to stay young.



Yesterday I walked in woodland for just short of three hours without a stop or a break. Did I enjoy it? Of course I did, but if I am really honest I was hoping maybe it might help to keep me young. If not in body, then most surely, in my mind.

Am I a dreamer ? Of course I am but, I do feel one hundred percent the better of it.

So what was I thinking during this three hours?  I was of course thinking what are the most important things I can do to stay young.  I tried to draw up a list of ten. 

Here they are. 


Throw out nonessential numbers. This  includes age, weight and height. No real point worrying about those.
 Keep  only cheerful friends. The  grouches pull you down.
Keep  learning. Learn more  about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain  idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." Or so I was told when I was not old. 
Enjoy  the simple things.  
Laugh often, long  and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
The tears happen. Endure,  grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves.  Be ALIVE while you are alive. 
Surround yourself with what you love , whether  it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.  
Cherish your health: If it is  good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help. 
Don't take guilt trips. Take a  trip to the woods, or get the bus or car to the next  county; to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity. 
That was the ten I came up with in three hours. Now please do not tell me that was a waste of three hours.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER 

Life  is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by  the moments that take our breath away. 
I am almost tempted to say if you do not send this to ten people. But I am not I am laughing out loud and saying who cares what you do with this list, just do not print it off and bin it. 
 Have a day full of Life.  I am heading off to the golf course to spoil a good walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment