Friday 1 December 2017

W all see life in different ways.


We all see life in different ways.

One of my neighbours was having security cameras and alarm systems fitted to the house. My wife commented to me that she was surprised my being such a technology geek that I had never suggested doing the same, I could probably do it myself. My retort was, "You have to own things that you are afraid to lose before you want to go down that road." 

That is not to say that I do not have things in my life that I treasure because I do have. I have gifts that have been given me by loved ones and friends. Things that I value but if they were sent to auction they would not set the world on fire. 

It all comes down to how we put a value on the things that matter. 

A young boy lost his contact lens while outside playing with his friends. he looked and looked for some time but could not find it. He went and told his mother who returned with him to the area where he had lost it. She found it fairly quickly. The young lad asked her how she had managed that. She said, "It all comes to how you see things. You were looking for a little bit of plastic, I was looking for £150."
There are those in life who seem to have been born to be accumulators and others who seem to be happy to have enough to live happily. Now I know that is a relative phrase because one person might wish for more than another to be happy. 

I am one who would never want to have so much I was afraid to go to bed without switching on an alarm. or likewise before going out for an evening. 

Ultimately we cannot ever grasp anything permanently. We are born naked and end life in the same condition. Material possessions can and often are taken from us and cause us the pain of loss.  This can disturb our very peace of mind.

I see myself as like a dipper. The things I have dribbles away in one way or another but I rejoice that I am left with that which does not need a security system.

I am surrounded by people who care. I have I hope learned the important message of life not fret about desires and wants to rejoice in the new day and the love that on this day will come my way.

I suppose it all depends on how we see life. We do after all as my painting says see life differently.

Have a wonderful day with no frightening alarms spoiling it.  

It is the first day of Advent. But it can so easily become the season of desire and want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment