Thursday 21 December 2017

Little Gifts.




The Tao.


So many advertisements about how to put love into Christmas and all the things that have to be there for it to be right. The Argos one is a prime example. It goes on and on about putting love back into it all. How do you do that? You buy a play station or some pearls a sure sign of there being love. 

I remember that I too attached love to little tokens of the love but I did so by making up a few Christmas Boxes bits and pieces I bought from the store and some of the produce from my garden. I never bothered with the Christmas paper or little ribbons just made sure that what I put in the box would be useful, especially if you had fallen on hard times. In packing, I tried to include some love.

I then went out very late at night or in the early hours and left them on the doorsteps I had decided could find a box like this a little lift. 

A Box at the Door.

It was cold and snowing as he arrived home,
All the same another day.
 When the doorstep he approached a box there lay.
No name upon it no invoice to be seen
No sign of sender what could it mean
Full of good things to the brim
This could never be for him.
Then he thought of something he had not before.
Maybe Christmas does not come from a store.
Maybe somebody thought he needed this more.
A tear from his eye did run.
His heart began to swell
As he started to think who might need such a help as well.
So this is what they mean when they say,
Give love and joy to others this Christmas Day.


As you know I have a great love of cooking. yesterday as I made the evening meal, Chines Chow Mein, I was thinking as I stirred hard the ingredients over a very high burner, what would I stir in to bring a little love and cheer to others. of course my mind being as it is I could not let it go so here you are. 


A recipe for Christmas Joy.

½ Cup of Hugs
4 tsp. Kisses
4 Cups Love.
½ Cup of Peace
I cup of Christmas Cheer
3tbls Christmas Spirits
2 Cups Goodwill
1 Sprig of Mistletoe
I medium Bag of Christmas Snowflakes

Mix the hugs, smiles and love until consistent. Blend in Christmas cheer, peace and goodwill. Use the mixture to fill a warm heart, where it can be stored for a lifetime. (it never goes bad!)

Serve as desired under a mistletoe, sprinkle liberally with special Christmas snowflakes. It is especially good when accompanied by Christmas singing and family get-togethers.

Serve to one and all. 

Have a marvellous Day.



No comments:

Post a Comment