Thursday 14 December 2017

Fulfilling Dreams.


A Feather Leaves its Mark.

I have painted a fair number of beach paintings but it seems that this one is the better liked of them all. I was asked to do it again and I have tried to show it in its various stages. First the drawing then the masking and background painting and then the finished Painting.

How I wish I could be like Santa Claus and fulfil all requests as I have almost managed with this one.But then life is never easy and it is not a wishing game what it is and there are some things we cannot do much about but others that we can with a determination. 

Santa was at his usual position in his grotto in the shopping centre and children were coming in one at a time sometimes a brother and sister and so on. He would speak kindly to them all and ask them what it was that they wanted for Christmas and was amazed to consider how parents were going to fulfil this enormous wish list of the many.

Then it happened, into the grotto came a beautiful young lady, no children with her. Santa wondered, as she sat down on his knee and looked him in the eye. He decided to play along. "What is your name? he asked." "Jennifer,," she replied. "And what can I get you for Christmas?" said Santa. Now Jennifer knowing that being selfish was not a good thing and such behaviour were seldom if ever rewarded.  "I do not want it for myself," said Jennifer. Santa thought to himself this cannot be true a beautiful young lady like this sitting on my knee and not asking for herself. "It is for my mother," she said.  "How nice of you to think of your mother. What would you like for your mother?'  "A millionaire Son in Law," said Jennifer. 

isn't it strange that in this day and age of equality the role of Santa is still always played by a man and Mrs Claus is always in the background? I thought about that until I came across the reason why.  There is o woman on this earth would wear the same outfit three or four times in a row never mind for all those years. 

As I say life is full of its ups and downs and we cannot all get what we desire or fulfil the wishes of all our friends no matter how hard we try. 

But that is life, Christmas is just like another day at the office. You do all the work and a fat guy in a suit takes all the credit. 

Hope the preparations are all going well, I have already had the best wish met in full. Today I manage to stand on the scales and target weight spot on 9 stone 13 pounds. Weight to height as it should be. All I have to do now is not make a glutton of myself over the festive break. 

Have a great day another one nearer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment