Thursday 7 December 2017

Words , Words and more Words.


Above is a painting I did and later decided to paint over. I had tried to do two things, to create a picture and to share some thoughts using words. I did not think that I had accomplished either so I overpainted it. 

On reflection maybe I should have kept it a bit longer and considered it further. But who knows? 

We often do things or say things and later regret our actions or our words. And words are strange things. I spoke to a person the other day about prunes and pruning. It was a very amusing chat because one of us was thinking about eating prunes the other about snipping branches on a tree. Made me later think about how my mother got me to eat prunes by giving me a rhyme about the prune stones gathered around the side of my plate.



Some reading this will now be repeating the rhyme. 

On my last blog, I ended using a word that maybe was not the best word to use. It is amazing how so many things can hang in the balance and use of a word.

 The strength and power of words.

Words themselves have several meanings, and the order in which we use them serves to define the context of our lives of our lives.
For example, if you’re a person known to keep your promises you are known as one who keeps their word. Or if you are a person known for only speaking favourably of others, you are putting in a good word for them. On the other hand, if you find it difficult to express yourself you can be at a loss for words. 
I saw some words on a plaque outside a house I passed the other day there. They read, "Everybody who passes through this door brings happiness. Either by their coming in or by their leaving."
I hope that I am a person who uses words that would make me welcome on the other side of that door. 
Words.
Throughout history, our greatest leaders and thinkers have used the power of words to transform our emotions to enlist us in causes and to shape the course of destiny. Words cannot only create emotions, the create actions. From our actions flow the results of our lives.
We are all aware of the consequences of those who use words to manipulate, some even manage to start wars. 
Therefore we should think twice before we speak because our words can either plant the seed of success or failure in the mind of another.
It is, therefore, WISE to use words that are:
  1. APPRECIATIVE
  2. GENTLE
  3. HONEST
  4. LOVING
  5. POLITE
  6. SINCERE
  7. UPLIFTING
I hope that this day my words have not been boring and a little message of some words from me to you this day.

May your burdens be light and your blessings heavy!

Have a word filled day.

No comments:

Post a Comment