Tuesday 7 June 2016

Getting Lost

The sunken garden.

How easy it can be to get lost when walking in a strange land, fortunately having been a runner for years I have picked up a good sense of my direction. I have also learned to pay very close attention to the things I see around me, the things that others might not notice. The piece of driftwood with the eyes of a snake. Sadly so often the things I see are discarded rubbish thrown from cars. Yes that happens here also in such beautiful surroundings.

This morning I met another walker who had very obviously got herself lost on her chosen route. She asked if I could help and try as hard as I could there were too many things mitigating against my being any help. The first being that I was not sure i knew where I was only how I could make my way back to my motorhome, not much help to her. The other of course our language difference.

This reminded me of two little stories. The first of these two has to do with signs again but this time nothing wrong with the sign just the interpretation of the reader. 

A man was spotted fly tipping, dumping rubbish where it was never meant to be dumped.

Just as he was dumping it a police car pulled up. "Why are you dumping rubbish here?" asked the police, "do you not see that sign over there?"

"Yes ," said the dumper, "that why I am dumping it here, the notice says, Fine for dumping rubbish here"

The other story involves getting lost.

 A local hunting guide got himself into fix. 

His party became hopelessly lost in the mountains and they blamed him for leading them astray.

"You told us you were the best guide in Colorado!" they asserted.
"I am," he said, "but I think we're in Wyoming now."

How easily one can get lost not just on the path or route put on the path of life. We need to keep alert for the dangers on the way and read the signs to keep us right.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment