Friday 3 June 2016

It is all in the sign.

A Weed can be a thing of beauty.

It is amazing just how many notices find themselves onto caravan sites. They appear of all over the place I suppose because of the need to keep themselves covered in this day and age of litigation. Then there is the whole issue of health and safety.

I the UK it is simple because I can read the signs and know just what is being said. I still find myself laughing and some of them. For example a yellow one that appears all over the place reads. " Steep bank deep water." Yes, but often the steep is no more than the height of a pavement kerb and the water not even deep enough to come over your shoe.

So I have fun here in France reading the notices and hoping I have them all correct. Some notices I have seen in places have not been very well thought through. For example, "Please only flush paper down the toilet." Now, I mean what do I do with the rest?

Here are one or two others that I hope will bring a smile to your day.

In an office:
TOILET OUT OF ORDER. PLEASE USE FLOOR BELOW
In a Laundry
AUTOMATIC WASHING MACHINES: PLEASE REMOVE ALL YOUR CLOTHES WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OUT
In a  department store:
BARGAIN BASEMENT UPSTAIRS
In an office:
WOULD THE PERSON WHO TOOK THE STEP LADDER YESTERDAY PLEASE BRING IT BACK OR FURTHER STEPS WILL BE TAKEN
In an office:
AFTER COFFEE BREAK STAFF SHOULD EMPTY THE COFFEE POT AND STAND UPSIDE DOWN ON THE DRAINING BOARD
Outside a secondhand shop:
WE EXCHANGE ANYTHING - BICYCLES, WASHING MACHINES, ETC. WHY NOT BRING YOUR WIFE ALONG AND GET A WONDERFUL BARGAIN?

I do hope you have a wonderful day. Sun shining bright here so heading off to the beach for a swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment