Sunday 26 June 2016

A Little light in a dark corner.


I have moved to another part of France and found a site I have been to before where the wifi actually runs on electric and not gas which takes forever to upload or download. The day before I left my last site I attended a festival of the sea.

It was a celebration of sea snails. I listened to the local band play local music and it cheered me no end watching people dance to the music. I felt my heart uplifted.

It seemed that the music stirs the hearts of the people just like the bagpipes of home does mine. Or the sound of the sax playing a beautiful jazz number. Or my latest favourite piece Gabriels Oboe. Well worth a listen.

In all things there is joy.

Thomas Edison tried two thousand different materials in search of a filament for the light bulb.

When none worked satisfactorily, his assistant complained, “All our work is in vain. We have learned nothing.”
Edison replied very confidently, “Oh, we have come a long way and we have learned a lot. We know that there are two thousand elements which we cannot use to make a good light bulb.”
Thank goodness he continued or we might all still be sitting in the dark.
Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment