Sunday 20 March 2016

Words of Wisdom.

Cityscape.


Today is my sons birthday.Yesterday we all gathered as a family to go for a beautiful walk in the hills before having a meal at my daughters finishing off the day with a family board game. A wonderful family day.  My daughter gave my son a birthday card with the words, "We always knew when he was going to say something intelligent or witty because he always started the sentence with, " My sisters says."

Such is indeed the relationship between them that even now they tease each other.  Of course at such a time there are stirred up memories of the past, some I was unaware of. Some of the well kept secrets of escapades they got up to together. 

Then there are the stories of some of the things Ross said and did because like his father he had a mind of his own and was not afraid to let you know that. Like the day he interrupted my sermon to tell me he was leaving the church because he was bored.  Or the time my friend was trying to get him in a swimming pool to learn to swim. He said, "Not going in there. You can drown in there." My pal pointed out that earlier he had been asking down a very steep hill on ice and snow and that he could break his neck doing that. He replied, " Had I known that I might not of done. But you failed to tell me that."

So today here are one or two other beauties from children I have gathered over the years. 

During a morning service, we arrived at the children section. The children were all at the front of the church. One of them had on what looked like a lovely new dress. That is a lovely dress, is it your new Easter dress?  "Yes said the little girl," and in a voice that could be heard through the microphone, "My mum says it is a right bugger to wash and iron."

An honest seven-year-old admitted calmly to her parents that Billy Brown had kissed her after class. 

"How did that happen?" gasped her mother. It wasn't easy," admitted the young lady, "but three girls helped me catch him."

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales. 

The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small. 

The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale. 

Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible. 

The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah". 

The teacher asked, "What if Jonah went to hell?" 

The little girl replied, "Then you ask him".

If you want to ask for an honest opinion about that new dress or the shoes you have just bought. Then ask a child and as sure as hang you will get an honest answer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment