Friday 18 March 2016

From the Mouths of.........



This little painting was done on my IPad and I have made a start painting it in pastels for a friend. I have also got another two dog portraits in progress and maybe I should make a great effort to have them all completed before doing any other painting. 

Telling it as it is, I keep getting sidetracked. This has never happened to me before, to this extent. MY mind seems to be in a tizzy. I go out to paint one thing and end up working on something else. At the present moment I must have about four pastels and three canvas all in a state of progress , the only thing is progress is being delayed. 

I need to get back to seeing life as it is and stop the procrastinating. No such behaviour from children. 

Let me share two little stories that are almost sure to bring a smile to your day. 

The first is about a little lad who had been to Sunday School. On arrival home his mother asked him what he had been told at Sunday School. "Nothing ," he replied.

"You did not get nothing," said his mother.

"Well, "said the young lad. He then went on to tell the following

We got a story about a man called Moses. He was leading a big gang of people out of Egypt. The Egyptians did not want him to do this so they sent the army after them. They were chasing them with tanks and  guns. They were catching them up and trying to fire bullets at them, and blast them with bombs.

Moses reached a big river. He got his men to build a daily bridge over the river.  When it was built they crossed over.

When the Egyptian army came they started to follow them. Moses ordered his men to blow up the bridge and drown all the Egyptians. They did and killed them all.

"You never got told that," said his mother. 

"No," said the young lad. "But if I told you what they did tell me you would never have believed it."

The other story is much shorter and even more to the point.

A teacher was reading the story The Three Little Pigs to her class. She came to the part of the story where first pig was trying to gather the building materials for his home.

She read: " So the pig went up to the man with the wheelbarrow full of straw and said: 
"Pardon me sir, but may I have some of that straw to build my house?'"

The teacher paused then asked the class: "And what do you think the man said?"

One little boy raised his hand and said very matter-of-factly ..."I think the man would have said,  "Well, I'll be damned! A talking pig!'"

The teacher had to leave the room.

So there you are. From the mouths of children life in all its rawness. maybe I need to get a bit more childlike and get on with some order in my life and finish those paintings one at a time, no more nonsense and changing my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment