Monday 7 March 2016

Oh Dear I have Done it Again.


Is it a good hair day?


"Oh dear I have done it again."  How easily I seem to make mistake and get things wrong. You would think that at some point the penny would drop. Maybe just now and again I could do things correctly, get it right.

It is not at all easy to live with yourself when you begin to believe that you can never do the right thing, or even say the right thing. Maybe it all goes back to when I was young. If I came in third in the class of 30+ my mother would ask me how did you let those two do better than you?

Let me keep this post short and to the point. Here is my autobiography in five short chapters.

CHAPTER ONE

I walk down the street. There's a hole in the pavement. 
It is a very deep hole. I fall in ... I am helpless. 
It isn't my fault. 
It takes forever to find a way out. 

CHAPTER TWO

I walk down the same street. There's a deep hole in the pavement. 
I pretend I don't see it. I fall in ... again. 
I can't believe I'm in the same place, but it isn't my fault. 
It still takes a long time to get out. 

CHAPTER THREE 

I walk down the same street. There's a deep hole in the pavement. 
I see it is there. I still fall in ... it's a habit, but my eyes are open. 
I know where I am. It is my fault. 
I get out immediately. 

CHAPTER FOUR

I walk down the same street. There's a deep hole in the pavement. 
I walk around it. 

CHAPTER FIVE

I walk down another street.

Yes you have to think about that for a moment or two. But just to help, see the pavement as life and the falling in the mistakes we make. But why does it sometimes take us so long to learn from them?

No comments:

Post a Comment