Thursday 17 March 2016

Put Your Brain Into Gear.

Along The Path.

How many times in life I have said something and within seconds realised that I would have been better not saying it. I never ever intend to offend but my forthright expression of what I believe does often lead me into hot water.

It is such a blessing to have friends who know me so well and are aware of my passions that they forgive me. I have over the years of my life become an expert in the art of forgiveness, and my apologies are always honestly made and meant. 

Today I want to share two little stories with you, each have the same message and I hope each make you smile and also remind me and those like me, "To put my brain into gear before I put my mouth into action."

A young man tells the story of his early days at school.

The teacher asked us what our favourite animal was, and I said, "Fried chicken."
She said I wasn't funny, but she couldn't have been right, because everyone else in the class laughed.

My parents told me to always be truthful and honest, and I am. Fried chicken is my favorite animal. I told my dad what happened, and he said my teacher was probably a vegetarian . He said they love animals very much.

I do, too. Especially chicken, pork, and beef.

Anyway, my teacher sent me to see the headteacher with a note. I told him what happened, and he laughed, too. Then he told me not to do it again.

The next day in class my teacher asked me what my favourite live animal was. I told her it was chicken. She asked me why. I told her it was because you could make them into fried chicken.

She sent me back to the headteachers office again. He laughed, and told me not to do it again. I don't understand. My parents taught me to be honest, but my teacher doesn't like it when I am.

Today, my teacher asked us to tell her what famous person we admire most.

 I told her, "Colonel Sanders."

Guess where I ended up again.

The second story is a very true one and how I felt for that young student teacher.

Late one December one of the deputy headteachers put out a note to all  teachers, "Let’s all write out New Year’s resolutions about how we can be better teachers and I’ll put them on the staff bulletin board."

The teachers agreed, and when the resolutions were posted, they all gathered around the bulletin board to read them.

The young student  teacher suddenly went into a fit of anger.

"He didn’t put up my resolution. It was one of the first ones submitted. He doesn’t care about me. That just shows what it’s like around here." On and on she ranted and raved.

The Assistant Headteacher, who overheard this, and  was mortified. He hadn’t meant to exclude her resolution. Quickly rummaging through the papers on his desk, he found hers and immediately posted it on the bulletin board.

The resolution read, "I resolve not to let little things upset me anymore."

It is always wise to put the brain into gear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment