Wednesday 12 July 2017

Well it is like this.


Oh to be in Scotland now that summer is here. I am aware that this is not a direct quote but then I am not in England.  The above paintings was one of my last before leaving France. MY friend stopped every time we passed this old farm house just to stand and look at it. It was being lovingly restored and yet the old features and where possible woodwork was being kept. A thing of beauty and a work in progress.

I am back home in Scotland and back to a massive gardening cleaning job. I made a great start yesterday and ended up exhausted and soaked to the skin. 

I still have more than half of it still to be done so I guess that is where I will spend the day today. Would much rather have been down hitting a few golf balls, having really missed doing that. But it is all about getting priorities correct and doing things in an order of need. 

I got into trouble for being my usual self and going at it with gusto. But I have always done things that way maybe I need to learn to slow down and work systematically? 

This reminds me of a true story of fact.

A little girl was watching her mother prepare a fish for dinner
She cut the head and tail off the fish and then placed it into a baking pan. The little girl asked her mother why she cut the head and tail off the fish. 
Her mother thought for a while and then said, "I've always done it that way,  that's how babicka (Czech for grandma) did it."
Not satisfied with the answer, the little girl went to visit her grandma to find out why she cut the head and tail off the fish before baking it.
Grandma thought for a while and replied, "I don't know. My mother always did it that way."
So the little girl and the grandma went to visit great grandma to  ask if she knew the answer.
Great grandma thought for a while and said, “Because my baking pan was too small to fit in the whole fish”.
Just because we always do something a certain way does not mean that that is the correct way to do it. 

Have a great day, hope the weather is good. I watched a little of the Tour de France yesterday and the sun was shining and people were basking, while I was getting soaked in Scotland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment