Monday 17 July 2017

Where are they?



I spent ages working on this little floral. I saw this on my last walk in France on the morning of my journey home. I possibly spent too much time and got the flowers a bit too correct, not what can be said about the poppies! Need to do some more on this. 

I have lost my spectacles and goodness knows where I have put them. Probably like most things I lose they will turn up later, but I really have searched and searched to no avail. One of the reasons why I never buy expensive spectacles. I either lose them or sit on them. Sadly in this case I have also misplaced the case I keep them in which I had kind of grown attached to. I had a rough acrylic painting on the box which helped to identify it as mine very easily.

It is an age thing for sure. 

Two aging little ladies had been friends since their 20s. They were "domino friends". Now in their 80s, they still got together a couple of times a week to play dominoes. 
One day they while playing one of them said, "You know, we’ve been friends for many years and, please don't get mad, but for the life of me, I can't remember your name. Please tell me what it is."
Her friend glared at her. She continued to glare and stare at her for at least three minutes. 
Finally, she said, "How soon do you need to know?"
I really do hope I am not as bad as that yet, but I am getting there.
Maybe I need to go see the doctor? I keep complaining about my friends and family moving things even when they assure me they have not touched them. 
Going to the doctor is something I hate, they only ever confirm my fears that I am getting old. 
The las time I went there it went something like this.
"The doctor asked me how much I weighed. I told her I weighed 104 pounds. Then she weighed me and the scale said 160."
"She asked me how tall I was. I said, '5 feet, 5 inches.' She measured me and I was only 5 feet, 3 inches tall"
"Then she took my blood pressure and told me it was high."
"Of course my blood pressure is high," I said.
"When I came in here I was tall and slender."
"Now I'm short and fat!"
The ever moving process of life.  
Played a round of golf with my son and his friend yesterday. Heading back down today to see if I can remember what to do with those club things I have in a bag on a trolly. 
Have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment